Sunday, May 29, 2011

Widgets

Framed

I love photography! I snap anything that captures my attention. It doesn't matter if it's a beautiful scenery, weird people behavior or something ironic.

For some images, you need to tilt and position the camera in a specific way to get a good shot. Sometimes I have to snap lots of pictures to get that one 'perfect shot'. During this process, I would be experimenting my camera by changing modes and anything else of the like. There has been many times where people gave me weird looks whenever I snap something. To make things worst, I only have a compact camera, not a DSLR (I wish I had one). So the 'professional photographer' first impression is not there (I got so used to this, that somehow this built my self confidence). I guess its all in a days work for an above-average-level photographer.

My friends were kind enough to borrow me their DSLR for a day or two, so I had the opportunity to experiment with a few cameras. My personal favorite is still Canon. I prefer Canon's camera interface, compared to Nikon. I'm sure Nikon fans would think otherwise :-P
I wish I had one for myself, so that I can learn how to create effects via camera in my own time. Not that a compact can't do the effects, but it has limited AF intelligence, compared to a DSLR. Besides, I don't really fancy those new compact camera functions, like it snaps when you smile, touch screen or it snaps whenever there's movement.

Anyways, in this post, I want to share some funny (or rater ironic) things that I spotted around. All of these images was snapped using my cell phone (cell phones are perfect substitute for camera when it comes to spontaneous photography), so excuse the pixelation.


 
McDonalds at the middle of the road!


 Holy crap, Captain Malaysia is real!


 
I dunno, maybe they spell it in this way in another country :-/


 
At my university...


 
At a mamak shop in Penang.


 
I wonder what the driver did to make the other guy mad...


 No comments...


 
I didn't know how to respond to this warning....


 
Then again, maybe it's normal in a gas station...


There seem to be some problem with pictures using this blog template. I can't adjust the size of the pictures. If the details are not clear, just click on the picture to see the original size. I'll rectify this problem soon...

These are just pictures that I took recently. I have loads more in my archive! Maybe I'll share them in the future.

0 comments :

Post a Comment