Friday, December 6, 2013

Widgets

Pearl of the Orient

My family and myself recently took a drive to Penang. We were attending a wedding ceremony there. Since it's Penang, I gotta write a little something from my experience there!

Going to Penang isn't new for any of us, but something about the island would get us real exited! Before this, we had visited almost all the tourist attraction Penang island has to offer. Heck, we even circled the whole island, all the way from Gelugor and back to Batu Ferringhi. Well, since we went over for a function, all of us couldn't really travel as much as we did the last time. That doesn't mean we didn't make some time for fun!

Well, let me start from the beginning; our travel plan. We wanted to stay at a hotel in Georgetown, since that's where the wedding hall is. I started browsing for few websites which lists hotels by specific location; say at Georgetown or Batu Ferringhi. Most of the websites I stumbled upon are not anywhere near user friendly. One website (penang-hotels.com) on the other hand was very systematic! I like the way they made the search very user friendly, complete with thumbnail of the hotel with an approximate price (Hey, it's the internet! I'm quite sure there may be better websites than this one. But after thorough searching, this came up on my browser first). I used this feature to pick a hotel that's appropriate for my family's budget.

Of course, I didn't book the room right from the website. The link above also allows you to check for vacancies, and book rooms right away. Unfortunately, the vacancy information given is not entirely true (maybe?). Despite showing many vacancies, a call to the hotel says that there are none. I don't know, maybe they reserve some rooms for their patron's who book online. Then again, when I mentioned this to the front desk, she boldly challenged me to try to book and see. A little rude, if you ask me.

Anyways, once at the island, we drove straight to Batu Ferringhi Beach. The decision was quite spontaneous, since we just wanted to just drive around, and come back to the hotel just in time for the wedding.



On the way to the island.

We didn't regret making that spontaneous decision! My my, the weather that day was perfect for a beach stroll. It wasn't very hot, the breeze was calm, and the water was chilly. This was about 2pm. Well, it may not be as cool as Pulau Redang beach, nevertheless, the view that day was breathtaking! Below are some photo's I snapped via my cell phone. All the photo's here was posted to my Instagram account, hence the square frame.


Awesome beach view!


Smooth waves!

0 comments :

Post a Comment